I’ve been nominated for a Sunshine Award, which looks something like this:
Thanks to Elizabeth (whose wonderful blog is located at http://bkwrm513.wordpress.com/) for nominating me – I accept! In compliance with the rules, I’m supposed to answer 10 questions and then nominate 10 other bloggers for the Award. The first part is easy, but since I’m new to blogging, the second part may take a while. Here goes:
QUESTIONS THAT MUST BE ANSWERED
1) favorite color: The color of pomegranate seeds.
2) favorite animal: Black-throated blue warbler.
3) favorite number: 12 – the atomic number of the carbon atom, the basis of all life
4) favorite (non alcoholic) drink: seltzer, with lime
5) favorite (alcoholic) drink: sober since 1995, but before then, any locally-brewed ale would do
6) facebook or twitter: Facebook – it’s where I test all my new material.
7) my passions: my marriage, film, literature, music, native plants, birds, travel, the labor movement, progressive politics
8) giving or receiving gifts: I love giving my wife gifts, and buying myself books and CDs. Otherwise, I find getting gifts for others (and shopping in general) very stressful and I’m generally disappointed with the gifts other people get me (except gift certificates for books and CDs).
9) favorite city: my adopted home of Boston – I love that (not so) dirty water.
10) favorite TV program: You can find my favorite 50 TV shows of all time under the “Other” button at the top of the page. At the top of the list is The Wire, five seasons of the best, most realistic gritty urban drama (and Greek tragedy) ever put on the tube.