I’m using this post to announce my new list of the best works of visual art, which you can find here: The Greatest Works of Art – A World Tour. This time, I’ve organized the list by geographic location – so you can find the best works of art wherever you happen to be in the world. (The list of works of art, as you know, is a compilation of 15 ‘best works of art’ lists that I collected from the Internet and books – the list includes every art work that was listed on at least two of those 15 lists.) As a result of my new list, I was able to determine which museums held the most works of art on the list. The following is a list of those museums, with the number of listed works in parentheses.
- Musée du Louvre, Paris, France (37)
- National Gallery, London, UK (28)
- Museum of Modern Art, New York, NY, US (26)
- Museo del Prado, Madrid, Spain (20)
- The Tate, London, UK (14)
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, NY, US (14)
- Uffizi Gallery, Florence, Italy (13)
- Musée d’Orsay, Paris, France (12)
- Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna, Austria (11)
- British Museum, London, UK (11)
That’s very cool. Thanks !